Senior AI Engineer/Scientist (100 Experiments) for AI Singapore (a national R&D programme in Artificial Intelligence) - (00694)10 August 2018 -
To lead the team to build Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data products for the industry by collaborating with researchers. This is a leadership/manager role.
- To lead and undertake industry projects in AI/data science to build products in conjunction with the data engineering team.
- To lead research and stay current on the state of the art in AI and data science practise
- To host Meet-ups to introduce bleeding edge technologies to the wider-community
- To host user-groups to share best practices and discuss latest advances in AI and Data Science research
- To develop training materials to share with team members and students
- Master's degree or PhD in Statistics, Machine Learning, AI, Mathematics, Engineering, Computing, Biostatistics or Social Sciences.
- 10 or more years' experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- 10 or more years of experience in R and/or Python; command line usage
- Demonstration of self-learning through hackathons or open user-group and conference participation
- Demonstration of initiative through side-projects, Kaggle competitions, MOOC or workshop attendance
- Evidence of contribution to the wider analytics community through mediums such as blog posts, open source contributions or speaking at user events.
- A track record of data munging and discovery to discover hidden patterns and analysis
- Intimate knowledge of common machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Experience building deep learning models such as TensorFlow, Keras and Pytorch libraries
- Proficiency with running deep learning models on Azure or Google Cloud Platforms. Able to use Virtual Machine Instances on these Platforms
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning algorithms and training AI agents on OpenAI Gym environments
- Good data communication skills; able to combine Python visualisation libraries with Tableau, and apply good design principles to visualisations, dashboards and reports
- Commitment to spreading knowledge of all the above through talks, meetups and developing tutorials and teaching materials.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise. It is driven by its mission to transform the way people think and do things through education, research and service. The NUS community is distinctively global with talented students and faculty from more than 100 countries. We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant hub which is dedicated to delivering quality education and undertaking research for the betterment of society.